Sunday, October 21, 2007

goodness

I had the pleasure of helping my friends Abbie and Shane get married last night. It was one of the simplest ceremonies I've ever done, and one of the coolest. No long prayers; no schmaltzy readings; just simple promises to take care of each other in love: to share the rest of their lives, to give and receive, to inspire and respond, to speak and to listen...wonderful promises.


I also saw a fantastic movie the other night. The Pursuit of Happyness. If you haven't seen it, you should go rent it, or borrow it from your local library. A fantastic movie.


The leaves have managed to find enough moisture to make for a glorious fall, which we did not expect. I love fall.


I got a one-hour massage on Friday. Everyone should get one-hour massages and thank their massage therapist afterwards. I'm still thankful. Thanks, Dan! I think churches should offer massages as a ministry (Solomon's Porch mentions massage therapy as one of their ministries, which is pretty darn cool.)


So I am swimming in goodness right now. I just wanted to share that.


Pax,

The Pilgrimm


Oh, yeah, I have a few days off, so I get to stay at home on a Sunday morning and hang out in my pajamas and listen to resurrection Sunday on 91X. Still more goodness!

No comments: