Monday, June 25, 2007

Remembering the Water

The one thing I never counted on when we moved to the Midwest was how much I'd miss the water. Before moving to Ohio (and now, five years later, I understand why everyone said, "Why?"when we told them we moved here from California) I had lived on a coast for 13 years. Pensacola, Florida for about a year; San Diego, California for six years; and Eureka, California for six years.

I miss being near water.

That's what I love about going to Lakeside every year. It's not the ocean, not by a long shot, but I get to imagine...and I get to remember.

We had a good time this year--all four of us got to camp at Lakeside and even though it was a long week of work for me, there were those moments of relaxation and reflection and seeing friends I hadn't seen in quite some time.

The profile picture is from the Pavilion at Lakeside at sunset.
And these are my children:


I love that when we go to Lakeside they can just be kids--I love that they can hop on bikes/scooters and just go and we know that they are okay.

But most of all, I love the water.

No comments: