Thursday, July 5, 2007

lazy, hazy days of summer

I've had the bulk of the week off, minus helping represent the church in a local July 4 Parade and practicing with the worship team last night. After walking in the parade yesterday I realized how long it had been since I've walked outside and how much I've missed it.

So we got back from the parade and I headed out again for another walk. And this morning, after a couple of cups of coffee and a bowl of Raisin Bran, I headed out again. I think I turned into an overachiever today--the route I planned seemed simple enough in my mind, but as it turns out it was quite a long trek. S'alright, though; I need it.

When we first moved back to the midwest from Eureka, California (also the name of a really cool show on SciFi that's coming back on July 10) I missed having sidewalks. The township we lived in for four years didn't have any sidewalks and I'd get yelled at (chastised really) by parishioners for walking along the side of the road because it's not safe--and out there it really wasn't).

Now we live in a nice little subdivision with sidewalks galore-- and it's connected to main streets with sidewalks--which connect to other nice little subdivisions with sidewalks--so walking is easy (and safe) and I never really have to walk the same route twice.

So I've been walking again, even though it's hot and humid outside. I've gotten lucky, too, because the rain has hit after I get home.

Sorry not so exciting or deep today...just enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer.

No comments: