Saturday, September 22, 2007

Have You Seen Me?

Jennifer calls me Mr. Fantastic because the strands of silver on my temples get thicker and more noticeable all the time (know of any copper rich foods, anyone?)


But the most frustrating thing about aging is the slipping tendrils of memory that I grasp at. (that sounds horrible!--like something you'd call the people in white coats over...."they're coming to take me away ha, ha, ho, ho, hee, hee, ha, ha! to the funny farm!"...but it's not an early onset of dementia--well maybe, cuz I've always been a bit demented--or anything like that...I know who I am and what day it is and where I live so don't worry about the pilgrimm wandering away never to be found again...but I hope Jennifer picks a decent picture for the milk carton if it does happen...)


Here's what I mean--I had this really wonderful thought last night that I knew you'd want to read--it was positive, too. So I said to myself, "Write about that tomorrow." Well, it's tomorrow now and I have no idea what that wonderful, postive thought was anymore; I don't even remember what room I was in when I had it, so I can't even go chase it down.


So if you happen to find a wonderful, happy thought cross your path today--maybe it's mine? If so, send it my way, but smile at it first because it was supposed to be my gift to you.

No comments: