Wednesday, December 5, 2007

snow day?

Five or so years ago, I wanted seasons again. Five or so years ago, I missed snow and I wanted to make sure my children would know seasons. Five or so years ago, I remembered snow through the same romantic, soft focus lens that the cameras use on Good Morning America (the one that makes my eyes water when I look at Dianne Sawyer).

I think in my mind every snow fall was going to look like this
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or this
:Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But the reality of snow looks more like this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The kids woke up with magic in their eyes because it went from nothing to three inches in one night--which for them is a miracle--and I'm glad that they are excited....

But all I can think of is shoveling the driveway...oh would somebody please get the soft-focus lens?

No comments: